Volunteer Journalists, Writers, Reporters, and Bloggers Needed!
In many part of the world today stories about development issues abound. These stories are crafted and told to inspire and reinforce commitment towards sustainability. However, Many Africans are expecting African development stories to receive the same equal attention especially focusing on the progress and results of the Sustainable Development Goals. In response, DevGoals Africa has created a unique platform to help tell the stories of development in Africa to help contribute towards reshaping the future of the continent’s sustainable development programs. The platform is designed to serve people interested in development intervention on the continent.
Many journalists, bloggers, writers, photograph and groups have demonstrated leadership and courage in the face of these challenges. But more effort is needed to bring about lasting success. DevGoals Africa has established a program to assign volunteers from Africa to help create and share content. If you are passionate about development in Africa and would welcome the opportunity to contribute towards sustainability then DevGoals Africa is your perfect match.
- Diploma in communications, journalism, media or public relations.
- Excellent Proven writing skills in English including the ability to write in different styles and to other people’s direction.
- Good attention to detail, including the ability to proof-read your own work.
- Interest in development communications and the Sustainable Development Goals.
- Solid research and interviewing skills.
- Ability to work independently and flexibly.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- A can do attitude and willingness to learn and grow with a positive outlook.
- Self-directed and disciplined with the ability to work independently in an ever-changing environment.
- Work closely with editor to produce concise and accurate copy according to our house style.
- Research and write articles on news, trends and developments in the field of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in Africa.
- Engage in human interest storytelling on how the SDGs are changing people’s lives in Africa.
- Write on breaking news, current events, and pop culture as they impact development across the African continent.
- Verify accuracy of facts and obtains supplemental material and additional details from files, reference libraries, and interviews with knowledgeable sources;
- Develop and maintain relationships with reporting sources that include experts in the fields.
- Must be able to submit a minimum of two (2) articles a month for publication
This is an unpaid, volunteer position without any financial compensation. However, if you are diligent, you seek to reap the following benefits which include but are not limited to;
- A letter of recommendation at the end of the volunteer period.
- Your name will be published under your stories to help you build your writing portfolio.
- An opportunity to practice your journalism and writing/reporting skills.
- The satisfaction of contributing to sustainable
development in Africa.
Increased knowledge about sustainable development.
- Mentoring from experienced editors.
Eligibility: Anyone aged 18-45 can apply.
Open to all countries but work must be written in English.
Commitment & Contract:
A commitment of a minimum of 3-5 hours a week is expected for a duration not less than 6 months.
How To Apply
Forward Your CV, Cover Letter And Two Writing Samples To Info@Devgoalsafrica.Org
1. Applications Open for Meet Africa Program